Here you will find practical information for those who already signed up for the field trip to Finnmark Norway!
After you have applied, you will be contacted by us approx. 4 months before the trip starts. The students are given admission to the field study according to the date of application. There may be several rounds of admission, as some students may decline the offer of a place on the trip. If you are not accepted the year you apply, you will be offered to be on the list for next year.
You recieve an invoice from us where you pay the costs. When you have paid this invoice, you are officially a course participant. All information will thereafter be sent to you by email. Your contact person is Tom Roger Østerås, firstname.lastname@example.org
The climate in Finnmark can vary between 5-20 oC. We will be in several different nature types, so the temperature can vary quite alot with rain and wind. Bring clotes for all sorts of weather!
The accomodation is of good standard, and you dont need to bring a sleeping bag. The rooms are shared of 2-3 persons of same gender, unless you have paid extra for a single room.
- Time GMT + 1
- Currecy 10 NOK = 1 EUR ca. Most creditcards are accepted.
- Electricity 220 V
- We are far north, and there will be 24 hour daylight
- Most people speak english
- Not much crime, but we remove valuables from the cars
What to bring
- Pack in a bag instead of suitcases, its easier in the cars!
- Bird book
- Note book
- Mosquito repellent
- Sun protection
- Passport, no visa is needed
- Driving licence
- Ensurance (you are NOT ensured by Nord University)